[Ubuntu-US-CA] hello!

Luke Van Dervoort lmpvandervort at icloud.com
Fri May 12 19:35:00 UTC 2017

Charlie,

Do you have problem with wifi on both bands, or just one of the two? While AC is faster it is frequently more likely to drop out at range.

---
Luke Van Dervoort
Life is short, Love someone ...
LLAP

On May 12, 2017, at 11:01 AM, Charlie Luna <contact at charlieluna.com> wrote:

hello all from Apple Valley! I'm a member of the SoCal loco group and I'm very happy to be on this email list now.

Some things are concerning and I'm about to start investigating them. This concern pertains to my laptop which is a Lenovo Ideapad 310-15ABR and I run Ubuntu on it but man, I'm having the hardest time keeping it connected to my wifi which is a brand new router from Charter and it's an awesome setup since it supports 802.11ac and it's dual channel and I've got a brand new Intel 3165 802.11ac/b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0 wifi card in it that replaces a Realtek model that came as standard equipment for the laptop.

I vetted the hardware thoroughly and got documentarion from Lenovo confirming the approved models of wifi cards for my laptop and I verified the new card with the vendor and I chose Intel, which I try to do all the time, since Intel is fully supported by Ubuntu and Linux in general.

I'm going to be taking my laptop to another location and connecting to the wifi there too see how it performs.

My home is blanketed with various wireless signals from the wireless alarm system, to the tv streaming devices (roku), and many other things. I get the feeling that due to this, that's why my connection always suffers.

But this is a preliminary assessment and I want to conduct thorough investigations into this and try to get it figured out.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Charlie