[Ubuntu-US-CA] Proposed amendment to the Ubuntu California leadership document.

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 16 07:50:07 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

In our first meeting of the year, we came together in IRC to decide what
to do about flagging participation and the failure to attract enough
volunteers to lead the Ubuntu California team on a 3-person leadership
council.

It was the consensus that between the limited role of leadership and
dropping levels of active participation that a leadership council, put
in place by the Ubuntu LoCo Council several years ago, was
overengineered, no matter how well-intentioned.  This council is defined
in the Ubuntu California leadership document, available here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NathanHaines/CaliforniaLeadershipDocument

I was given an action item to revise the leadership document to bring it
in line with a single leader position.  I did this with minimal updates
to the document, which was not seen as flawed.  The proposed changes can
be seen here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NathanHaines/CaliforniaLeadershipDocument

While I find the wiki's diff between the two documents is less than
clear, all changes from the current document are documented here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NathanHaines/CaliforniaLeadershipDocument?action=diff&rev2=2&rev1=1

It is my hope that this proposed amendment to the Ubuntu California
leadership document can be the starting point for a lighter leadership
role and allow for greater participation in the LoCo and its goal of
Ubuntu advocacy.

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/