[Ubuntu-US-CA] Ubuntu California meeting on Sunday, October 4th, at 7pm PDT

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 30 22:04:10 UTC 2015

I just added an agenda item regarding the use of Meetup.com to promote
public events in California.

There is currently a proposal to integrate Meetup with the LoCo
Directory so that LoCos that wish to use Meetup will be able to add an
event to the LoCo Directory and have it appear at meetup.com as well,
and integrate with the RSVP system.

We discussed the use of Meetup.com last December and the results were
inconclusive.  If this proposal goes through, Canonical would provide
Meetup.com sponsorship for interested LoCo teams and I think between
that and the LoCo Directory integration, along with Ubucon and SCALE 14X
looming on the horizon, this is the perfect time to revisit the topic.

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/