[Ubuntu-US-CA] Account Expirations

Scott DuBois rhcom.linux at gmail.com
Fri May 29 04:22:07 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 01:45:30PM -0700, Nathan Haines wrote:
> It's also why when you first sign up, your membership expires in 2
> weeks.  A lot of people serially click "join" links, but after a
> couple of weeks of looking around, they'll know that Ubuntu
> California isn't a LUG or user group, but an advocacy group.

Or they join to do some quick advertising on a run to reach mass market
penetration.

> So that gives them a chance to evaluate whether or not they're
> interested, and then when they click "renew", it's for a year.

But even if they *don't* renew, couldn't they simply sign up again at some later
point?

> That said, we welcome anyone in California who is interested in
> Ubuntu advocacy even if they're not throwing an event every week.
> We've always used our existing events to train newer members, and
> for example if you do SCALE, you can easy do any other event.

What about people who don't live in California? They would still be welcome if
they wanted. Being a resident isn't a qualification is it?

--
Scott DuBois       "The true sign of intelligence is...
BSIT/SE	                 not knowledge but imagination"