[Ubuntu-US-CA] Account Expirations

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Thu May 28 20:45:30 UTC 2015

On 05/28/2015 12:27 PM, Scott DuBois wrote:
> Much better than "ever expanding" lists full of old, dead, email addresses or as
> you state "UNSUBSCRIBE ME!11".
>
> Impressive forethought into the process; very nice.

It's also why when you first sign up, your membership expires in 2
weeks.  A lot of people serially click "join" links, but after a couple
of weeks of looking around, they'll know that Ubuntu California isn't a
LUG or user group, but an advocacy group.

So that gives them a chance to evaluate whether or not they're
interested, and then when they click "renew", it's for a year.

That said, we welcome anyone in California who is interested in Ubuntu
advocacy even if they're not throwing an event every week.  We've always
used our existing events to train newer members, and for example if you
do SCALE, you can easy do any other event.

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/