[Ubuntu-US-CA] Account Expirations

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu May 28 18:46:42 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Scott DuBois <rhcom.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I just got an email that my Launchpad account was about to expire. Not a problem
> to go in and renew again, but what's up with the expirations?

In order to keep the list in the Ubuntu California Launchpad team full
of only active members, we expire everyone on a cycle (1 year, I
believe?), so if they're no longer interested enough to click the
"renew" button, they're dropped.

Part of the reason for wanting a fresh list is to avoid the plague of
"UNSUBSCRIBE ME!11" if we use the "contact members of this team" link
on Launchpad to announce/inform things. We know that everyone is part
of the team because they want to be :)