[Ubuntu-US-CA] VBox Crash w/Unity

Scott DuBois rhcom.linux at gmail.com
Thu May 28 03:39:39 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 08:03:22PM -0700, Scott DuBois wrote:
> It worked this time. It took two go arounds though. During the first upgrade,
> while installing evince-common, the whole VBox shut down. When I started it back
> up I had to type in 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' and it picked up from where it
> left off finishing just fine. For good measure, I rebooted the machine and
> repeated the process which went perfectly.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0hohm5gp5eibmg/ubuntu_vbox_upgrade.jpg?dl=0
>
> So good, I can play around with it a little bit now. =)

Well, maybe not. I was digging through the installed software and it locked up.
Same thing, everything stopped and the whole system drops to TTY and I get
errors coming from nouveau that the GPU has stopped. Maybe my old 9800GT just
can't handle Unity in a VM?

--
Scott DuBois       "The true sign of intelligence is...
BSIT/SE	                 not knowledge but imagination"