[Ubuntu-US-CA] VBox Crash w/Unity

Scott DuBois rhcom.linux at gmail.com
Thu May 28 03:03:22 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 07:35:33PM -0700, Scott DuBois wrote:
> On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 06:40:33PM -0700, Scott DuBois wrote:
> > > Due to the 3D acceleration requirements of Unity, though, you'll
> > > want to make sure that you have the guest extensions installed,
> > > preferably from VirtualBox and not the Additional Drivers dialog
> > > box.
>
> Ok, it's installed. Updates done and 3D acceleration on through VBox.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpwy3ue587gie9w/ubuntu_vbox.jpg?dl=0
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/cu4yv65e8s0rtv0/ubuntu_vbox_2.jpg?dl=0
>
> I'll try doing apt-get upgrade and see what happens.

Dude! You're brilliant!

It worked this time. It took two go arounds though. During the first upgrade,
while installing evince-common, the whole VBox shut down. When I started it back
up I had to type in 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' and it picked up from where it
left off finishing just fine. For good measure, I rebooted the machine and
repeated the process which went perfectly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0hohm5gp5eibmg/ubuntu_vbox_upgrade.jpg?dl=0

So good, I can play around with it a little bit now. =)

--
Scott DuBois       "The true sign of intelligence is...
BSIT/SE	                 not knowledge but imagination"