[Ubuntu-US-CA] VBox Crash w/Unity

Scott DuBois rhcom.linux at gmail.com
Thu May 28 01:40:33 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 03:38:37PM -0700, Nathan Haines wrote:
> I'm writing a book on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and since 14.10 came out (I
> needed the newer LibreOffice for revisions with my publisher using
> Word), I've been running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS in VirtualBox with no
> problems at all.  It should just work.
>
> Due to the 3D acceleration requirements of Unity, though, you'll
> want to make sure that you have the guest extensions installed,
> preferably from VirtualBox and not the Additional Drivers dialog
> box.

Yeah, I did all that and the installs were working fine. That is until I tried
to do an upgrade, then it just exploded on me. The updates went in just fine.

I'll try it again and see what happens. I'll let you know.

--
Scott DuBois       "The true sign of intelligence is...
BSIT/SE	                 not knowledge but imagination"