[Ubuntu-US-CA] regular, in-person meetups in the Bay Area

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Fri Jan 30 03:55:03 UTC 2015

> From: "Josh Berkus" <josh at agliodbs.com>
> Subject: [Ubuntu-US-CA] Why don't we have an in-person meetup in SF?
> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 15:16:36 -0800

> Is there some specific reason we don't do regular, in-person meetups in
> the Bay Area where there are so many Ubuntu/Linux folks?

There is at least Ubuntu Hour not only in San Francisco, but also Berkeley,
and there may be others too.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/UbuntuHours#Current_Ubuntu_Hours
http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-california/events/

There are also many Linux and other User Group meetings in and around
the Bay Area, often with at least fair degree of overlap with Ubuntu.
https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=caj9iea2ol69b7n2uqdek4ocso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles
http://www.svlug.org/farm.php#other-local
http://linuxmafia.com/bale/
(the above might still be waiting to get its specific dates updated from its
template - I believe that normally happens from a crontab run earlier in the
month, but that run was missed earlier this month, if I'm not mistaken)