[Ubuntu-US-CA] SCALE 13X: Call for volunteers

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 15 03:03:56 UTC 2015

Hello, Californian ubunteros!

In just over a month, the 13th Southern California Linux Expo is set to
kick off.  This is the first major Linux conference of 2015 and looks
set to be big!

Ubuntu California is running the Ubuntu booth as usual, and we have some
really fun things to talk about, from snappy Ubuntu Core to the first
retail Ubuntu phones.  I am working on training material so that booth
volunteers will have useful talking points about these new developments
when responding to booth visitors.

Now we need volunteers to help run the booth.  It's fun and easy, and
we'll have experts on hand to help train you if you've never done this
before.  SCALE is a large and extremely friendly show, and it's
absolutely the best way to learn to represent Ubuntu at an event.

The expo floor is open on Friday, February 20th from 2pm to 6pm;
Saturday, February 21st from 10am to 6pm; and Sunday, February 22nd from
10am to 2pm.  We need volunteers for Friday, Sunday, and for morning and
afternoon shifts on Saturday.

If you volunteer for at least one shift, Ubuntu California will cover
your SCALE registration.  Your exhibitor pass will allow you full access
to the exhibit hall and all speaker sessions the entire schedule
long--from Thursday through Sunday.  It's our way of saying thank you
for supporting Ubuntu.  You'll also get an awesome Ubuntu-themed shirt
to wear at the booth that you can keep to wear at future Ubuntu events,
so be sure to specify a shirt size.

Please sign up at our wiki page for SCALE.  While you're there, see if
there are any other supplies you can donate.  Every little bit helps!

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/Scale13x

If you have any questions or trouble signing up, just send me a quick
email and I'll get back to you.

2015 will be the 8th appearance of Ubuntu at SCALE.  Let's make it awesome!

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/