[Ubuntu-US-CA] New Ubuntu User in California

Samir Faci samir at esamir.com
Mon Aug 3 01:12:42 UTC 2015

There's a few other groups I'm aware of but nothing really in Fremont.  I'm
not too familiar with the area.

HackerSpace Suggestions:
  - Sudo Room (Oakland)
 - NoiseBridge (SF ) I'm not a big fan.. but I'll you judge them on its own
merrit.
- SF LUG ( http://www.sf-lug.org/)
- http://www.eblug.org/  (was already mentioned but looks like a good bet
for your area)

I would also checkout Maker's Faire in San Mateo I think they have an event
once a year.

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 11:25 AM, Elizabeth K. Joseph <lyz at ubuntu.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Florian Coste <fcoste21 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm really interesting by the Ubuntu community which was really welcomed
> > with me in France. I'm sending this message in order to know if there is
> > some meetings near from San Francisco (I'm living at Fremont), or
> > HackerSpace ?
>
> Welcome, Florian! Philip mentioned the Ubuntu-specific Ubuntu Hours
> that we have in San Francisco each month, these are easily accessible
> via BART. But since you're in Fremont you might want also want to
> check out EBLUG: http://www.eblug.org/ I went to my first meeting of
> theirs last month, good people :)
>
> --
> Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph || Lyz || pleia2

Thank you
Samir Faci