[Ubuntu-US-CA] Southern California Linux Expo 13x, February 19-22, 2015, Hilton LAX

Elizabeth K. Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Sun Nov 23 14:07:12 UTC 2014

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 8:06 PM, Robert Wall <robert at rww.name> wrote:
> (Last mail for tonight, I promise :)
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> At the meeting tonight, we discussed the upcoming SCaLE 13x event. You
> can see information at http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale13x
>
> Several of us (not including me this year, unfortunately) are planning
> on attending, and we generally have a booth there, so we should start
> discussing the logistics of that. I'd like to volunteer Nathan Haines
> to get the booth registered and take charge of making it awesome, and
> unless anyone objects I'll ask him to email SCaLE and get that ball
> rolling in a week or so.

Unfortunately I have a scheduling conflict so I won't be attending this year.

However, I do have a box of goodies that I usually bring along to
SCaLE, so if the booth staff want it and anyone from the bay area
wants to travel with it, please let me know so we can arrange a pick
up some time in January or February (I live in downtown SF, near
Montgomery Station). I also have some copies of the Ubuntu Book to
give away (and the publisher plans on being there too!) and some
Ubuntu stickers and pens that will definitely be of interest.

We should also request a conference pack from Canonical - who wants to
be the recipient of that?

Philip Ballew has the SoCal banner and tablecloth - Philip, can you
commit to bringing that or passing it along to someone who is
attending?

http://www.princessleia.com