[Ubuntu-US-CA] San Francisco 14.04 Release Party - we have a date and venue!

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 26 16:51:31 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph
<lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> James Ouyang was able to put me into contact with someone at AdRoll[0]
> at 972 Mission St to be a venue for our 14.04 release party, hooray!
>
> We'll be hosting it a week after release, on Thursday, April 24th.
> Still firming up start time, probably around 6 or 7.
>
> I'm planning on doing a very short presentation about the new features
> and developments in 14.04, beyond that here are some ideas:
>
> 1. Bring laptops running 14.04 (anyone who is able)
> 2. Bring tablets or phones running the latest Ubuntu build (anyone who is able)
> 3. Ubuntu quiz that people can fill out and submit, with prizes!
>
> They'll be providing drinks, Eric suggested we swing by Costco before
> the party to pick up some big pizzas, but a food sponsor is welcome
> too if anyone has contacts :)

There were some questions on IRC last night, so I wanted to clarify.
This will not be an installfest, it's just a party for folks to get
together, talk about Ubuntu, learn about the new release and see it
running on systems that already have it installed.

If someone can take a lead, it would be great to see an installfest
come together some time in May, but we'll discuss that separately :)

http://www.princessleia.com