[Ubuntu-US-CA] Looking To Donate AMD Athlon II 2x 260 With Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Peter Sullivan petermsull at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 15:59:21 UTC 2014

Mike,

Still available?  I'll happily take it!!!

Peter

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 5:32 AM, Mr Michoel Zeldis <nesivos at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I live in Los Angeles CA and am looking to donate or just give the
> following computer
>
> 1. Dell 570 good working condition.   Purchased new from Dell in 2010?
> 2. AMD Athlon II 2x 260 CPU
> 3. ATI 500MB Internal graphics card
> 3. 8GB RAM
> 4. 350GB Internal HDD
> 5. Freshly installed copy of Ubuntu 12.04 x64.  I did install a few free
> software apps from the store which can of course easily be uninstalled
> 6. Dell Wired Keyboard and Mouse
>
> *Monitor and Speakers not included*
>
> *Reason for the donation*.   I am a Windows user though over the years I
> have used Ubuntu on multiple computers.  Anyway I just purchased a new
> Windows 8.1 computer.   The AMD originally came with W7 and I upgraded it
> to W8 about a year ago.   However, there a number of issues with running W8
> on a computer with the Athlon II 2x 2xx CPU including the fact that W8 can
> not be upgraded.   So after I  recently decided that I wanted all the
> computers on my small network running on W8.1  I had no choice but to
> purchase a  new computer to replace the AMD running W8.
>
> I do not have the space nor he need for the AMD computer as a result of
> the purchase of  the new W8.1 computer.  So I decided to donate/give the
> AMD computer but without my legally purchased  Micosoft/Windows licensed
> software. I don't like transferring ownership of licensed software.
>
> So yesterday I replaced W8 with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on the AMD.   Hence the
> clean installation of Ubuntu 12.04.  I had installed and used Ubuntu on
> several computers in the past so it was no big deal to install of Ubuntu.
> The install wiped Windows so Ubuntu 12.04 is the only OS currently on the
> AMD computer.
>
> *There are no strings or conditions attached except I will not ship the
> computer.  I will only transfer it in a mutually agreed upon public
> location in the Hollywood area during the day time. *   If anyone is
> interested just contact me by email and we can make the preliminary
> arrangements for the time and place of the transfer per the conditions
> noted above in blue.  This offer is for a limited time only.  After that I
> will just give the computer to a computer repair business in the Hollywood
> area.
>
> This offer is not on a first come basis.   Please state your reason for
> wanting or needing the computer and if more than one person is interested I
> will decide whom to reply to based upon the content of their email.
>
> Have a nice day
>
> Mike

This email and its contents are sent to you on condition of
confidentiality, and may be protected by Federal Rule of Evidence 408; in
any event, disclosure to anyone other than intended recipients is
unauthorized.  If you are not an intended recipient of this email, please
delete it immediately and notify me of the error.