[Ubuntu-US-CA] Failing/failed hard disk advice

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Jun 20 01:06:09 UTC 2014

I actually find it's often the enclosure. I have one external 2.5" that
beeps and fails to mount on all but 1 usb port on my laptop. Absolutely
a power issue - even though I have tried some of those dual power usb
cables.

It's actually why I'm partial to buying the drive and enclosure
separate. That and you don't get the stupid 1 yr warranty of the case,
but 3-5 years of the drive. If you look carefully you'll notice
identical drives sold in cases and alone don't get the same warranty.

Enjoy,
Alex