[Ubuntu-US-CA] Installfest wrapup and feedback

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 3 04:02:50 UTC 2014

I wanted to thank everyone who volunteered for the Ubuntu/OCLUG
installfest in May.  It was a lot of fun and I am really grateful for
all the help I received--especially on the day of.

Because the installfest was funded through the Ubuntu community
reimbursement fund managed by Canonical, I feel obligated to blog about
it publically (which, frankly, I would've done anyhow).  This post
mentions some logistics and some lessons learned, and you can read it
right here:

http://nhaines.com/blog/2014/06/02/ubuntu-installfest-with-oclug/

As mentioned in that post, images and other documents from the
installfest are available for download here:

http://people.ubuntu.com/~nhaines/images/events/2014/oc-installfest-may/

http://people.ubuntu.com/~nhaines/documents/events/2014/oc-installfest-may/

One of the things I like to do when I hold these events is to do a
post-mortem where we take a look at what worked and what didn't.  The
blog mentions a couple of thing I think we can improve on, but I'd like
to hear from everyone else who was there.

OCLUG wants to do this again in September.  How can we make it better?  :)

Regards,
Nathan

--
Nathan Haines