[Ubuntu-US-CA] OCLUG Installfest date and flyers

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 10 02:42:33 UTC 2014

Hello, everyone!

Preparations are well underway for the Orange County Linux Users Group
installfest.  I'd like to announce that the installfest will take place
on Saturday, May 24th, 2014 from 10am to 2pm.

At the OCLUG meeting this Saturday, we're going to finalize plans.  If
anyone from Ubuntu California would like to help out with the
installfest it'd be great to see them there.

To help with planning, I'd like to unveil the OCLUG Installfest flyers.
  Simple and refined, they draw the eye, inform, and point the reader to
the OCLUG website for further information.

These flyers are going to be distributed to certain department heads who
  will share them with faculty for discussion with students.  To assist
  faculty in discussing the event, a list of talking points with further
information about installfests, Ubuntu,and OCLUG has been created and
will be distributed to faculty as well.  CSUF faculty are really keen on
the idea and this event has the potential to be rather well-attended.

These documents have the potential to serve as a template for future
installfests by Ubuntu advocacy groups.

The flyers are vertical halfsheet designs that allow us to print two to
a page, reducing cost and making them much more friendly to be posted
around campus, in coffee shops, and so on.

The talking points sheet is meant as an aid to event advocates and not
as a handout.

A tarball with PDFs is available at the following location:

http://ubuntuone.com/79xSTjLEXw1XHRKADn7PkK

For the day of the installfest, I've also produced a liability release
form here:

http://ubuntuone.com/5CK6dhmTJ9VbMOXcozpMfe

And a per-computer data sheet here:

http://ubuntuone.com/5Iy5WX5jPJlGJ5dq06Fpqo

Obviously I will publish these later at a more permanent location, but I
wanted to present these documents for feedback sooner rather than later.

Regards,
Nathan

--
Nathan Haines