[Ubuntu-US-CA] ubuntu hour placard ... license?; ... CD sleeves (8.5x11" fold up)

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Sun Jul 7 20:26:33 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Michael Paoli
<Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> What license(s) would you want added that would be most appropriate?
> Keep in mind *most* of the content is Copyright and/or Trademark by
> Canonical.  I didn't "add" all that much to it - but still, ought to
> have suitable compatible license to cover that.

Since it's more creative than code, I'd suggest a creative commons
license, with a preference for CC BY-SA

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/us/

With the comments that you don't need to give attribution. I notice
you already included Trademark comments in the README so we're set
there for Canonical's assets.

> Also, probably would be good to also have that information in the
> placard svg file itself - in reasonably readable form, but that
> wouldn't print out by default.  Any particularly good ideas how to do
> that?  (E.g. layer(s) of text not visible by default - or is there some
> better/best practice on how to do that for Inkscape svg file?)

Hopefully someone else can chime in here, I don't know!

> And yes, CD/DVD sleeves - I've also done some stuff on that - should put
> that up somewhere too - but git or the like may be more suitable, as I
> foresee a lot more forking there.  :-)

I've been meaning to add fold lines to one of your more recent
revisions, but the first step is digging through email to find the
latest ones - putting them *somewhere* in revision control would be
good :) If you put them on a public git repo I can copy
California-specific ones to our bzr (just so we have all our assets in
one easily accessible spot).

And that reminds me that the sleeves don't have an obvious license
either. I'll contact contributors to that and sort it out.

Thanks Michael.

http://www.princessleia.com