[Ubuntu-US-CA] Fwd: BALUG Tu 2013-01-15: Grant Bowman:, ubuntu-california.org Q&A; & other BALUG news (Elizabeth Krumbach)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jan 11 13:03:54 UTC 2013

On 1/11/13 4:00 AM, Elizabeth Krumbach wrote:

> For our 2013-01-15 BALUG meeting, we're proud to present:
>
> Elizabeth Krumbach on Linux deployments in Ghana
>
> In October of 2012 Elizabeth Krumbach accompanied other volunteers from
> Computer Reach[1], a non-profit based out of Pittsburgh, PA, on a trip
> to Ghana in western Africa to assist with the deployment of 100
> Edubuntu[2]-based desktop computers.  In this talk she will share
> photos and details of the trip, along with some of the lessons they
> learned about doing such a deployment in a developing country, covering
> hardware, software and training requirements.  For a bit more
> background, one can also have a look at her earlier Ubuntu User[3]
> article: Road Trip: Delivering Edbuntu systems to Ghana[4].

Wow.  One more reason I regret not living in the Bay area to attend that
meeting.

Congrats on that deployment, Elizabeth.  I hope we get a chance to talk
about that when you're down here for SCaLE.

Your contributions to the community have always been much appreciated,
and I imagine it's especially gratifying to have them expand like this
to a global scope.  Well done.  I look forward to learning more.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems