[Ubuntu-US-CA] Global Jam is Coming. Please Plan Your Events

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 15 23:09:54 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hopefully more details will be coming soon (the loco.ubuntu.com page
> doesn't have the event added yet and the wiki isn't updated), but I
> wanted to pass along the proposed dates for the next Global Jam ASAP
> since it's less than a month away: March 1-3
>
> I will note that Wikimedia in downtown San Francisco was super
> friendly during our last event in September and has offered to have us
> back for more events, so if anyone wants to plan one here I'd be happy
> to put you in touch (I may be able to attend, but my work and travel
> schedule this month makes it impossible for me to plan it this time
> around).

I spoke with Grant Bowman about this at our SF Ubuntu Hour on
Wednesday and he's going to see what it takes to get this scheduled
for March 2nd in San Francisco. Details of materials I brought and the
basic format I followed for our last global jam, which focused on
testing, are on the blog post I wrote and linked to:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/QuantalGlobalJam

Of course testing isn't all you can do at a jam :) the global page
about it has a lot of interesting things you can work on, from
packaging jams to doc jams:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2