[Ubuntu-US-CA] Leadership election: Volunteer to coordinate needed

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 2 22:27:05 UTC 2013

On 12/02/2013 10:40 AM, George Mulak wrote:
> I vote for Elizabeth,
>
> I also vote for Nathan Haines

I'm not running, haven't been nominated, will not accept nomination,
will not accept a position if elected, and am not even a member of the
LoCo team.  So hopefully I'm not in consideration for any such role.
But in any case, someone has volunteered to collect nominations, so keep
an eye out for that email on this list soon.

Following the nomination period, an online, secret ballot will be linked
to and votes will be collected.  So team members (not me) will be able
to vote in a good, old-fashioned Condorcet vote.

> Also, do we have a booth at SCaLE this year?

No thread hijacking!  But the LoCo made plans to get in touch with the
SCALE committee.  It's been my experience, back when I was the one
handling the SCALE booth, that they expect Ubuntu to be there and it
shouldn't be a problem.  The only thing I actually had to do was discuss
favorable booth placement.  I suspect there will be more about this on
the list once there is something to report.

Regards,
Nathan

--
Nathan Haines