[Ubuntu-US-CA] Upcoming global events in September

Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph lyz at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 25 18:25:03 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I meant to send this earlier, but the end of August snuck up on me.
There are a couple global events coming up that it would be great to
see the California team participate in.

Ubuntu Global Jam - S series, September 13-15th:

http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/global/2315/

Software Freedom Day 2013, September 21st:

http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/global/2483/

Unfortunately I won't be able to organize events for either of these
for San Francisco due to other commitments on these dates, but if
anyone else wants to organize something (even something small! I once
participated in a Jam that was two of us in a coffee shop hacking on
Ubuntu/Debian packages and bugs) I'd be happy to offer any assistance,
tips or other advice as needed :) Just let me know.

If we can't organize anything this time around, are there other
Software Freedom Day or other events you are attending that the team
would be interested in? Please share!

http://www.princessleia.com