[Ubuntu-US-CA] Meetup with some Ubuntu folks in town for Linaro Connect Feb 5th

Evan Broder evan at ebroder.net
Tue Jan 31 02:25:24 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 5:57 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I emailed the list the other day about the upcoming Linaro Linux on
> ARM conference next week[0]
>
> This event used to be held alongside the Ubuntu Developer Summit so
> there is some overlap in attendees and Chris Johnston of the Florida
> LoCo suggested that we do some kind of meetup while they're in town.
>
> We're planning to do this meetup on February 5th, probably somewhere
> in Redwood City, so I need some help from the team.
>
> 1. Will you come? This is on superbowl Sunday.
>
> 2. What is a good place to meet for dinner in Redwood City on such a
> day with an uncertain crowd size (I'm thinking 10-20 people, but it
> could be 5)?
>
> Thanks everyone, it would be great to have the details ironed out by
> Thursday so we can get a full loco.ubuntu.com event up and have time
> to spread the word.
>
> [0] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-ca/2012-January/001878.html

I'm going to be out of town Sunday and Monday, but would love meet up
and hang out with folks if that happens at some other point during the
week.

How were you planning to get to dinner? There are some places in
downtown Redwood City that could possibly work (for the lower side of
that, my company has done gatherings with 10-14 at Milagros Cantina),
but the Sofitel is pretty far from downtown. If you're going to be
walking, you'll probably have better luck looking in Foster City than
Redwood City.

- Evan