[Ubuntu-US-CA] Linaro Connect February 6-10 in Redwood City

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 24 18:07:05 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

February 6-10 Linaro will be in Redwood City for Linaro Connect. This
event which was previously held alongside the Ubuntu Developer Summit.

Linaro Connect site: http://connect.linaro.org/

Event page: http://connect.linaro.org/events/event/lcq1-12/

>From their site:

"What is Linaro Connect?
Linaro Connect events are the place to be to learn about the latest
Linux on ARM SoCs developments. These premiere events are designed to
give the Linux community an opportunity to be a part of the Linaro
team and help to define the ARM tools, Linux kernels and builds of key
Linux distributions including Android and Ubuntu on member SoCs. These
events offer an opportunity to collaborate, problem solve, plan and
socialize with the best and brightest that the Linux community has to
offer.

Who should attend?
Linaro members, Software Developers, Linux IT Professionals, Vendors,
Ubuntu community members, Android community members, Media, and anyone
else with an interest in the Linux on ARM SoCs."

They are wrapping up the event with a demo evening Friday, February
10, 2012 from 4pm to 6pm where they are featuring a number of ARM
devices on Linux, more details about that and the conference in
general here:

http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/2012/01/20/demo-friday-at-linaro-connect-q1-12-to-show-the-latest-linux-developments-on-arm/

Linaro Connect free to attend and a great opportunity since these
events are held all over the world - finally this one is in
California!

I've been contacted by a couple Ubuntu community members who will be
in town for this and they're interested in possibly meeting up for
dinner, once I know more about their schedule I'll let everyone know
if we can find time to meet them even if we're not at the conference
itself :)

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com