[Ubuntu-US-CA] Ubuntu Global Jam preparations

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 20 05:00:02 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

A few days back I forwarded on the announcement for the upcoming
Global Jam September 7-9th[0]

I'm still working to get a location to the one in San Francisco on
Saturday the 8th (I'm in touch with one company now), but I'll post
details once I have them. We'll be doing a QA-focused jam, so testing
ISOs and applications for the 12.10 release in virtual machines, I've
even contacted[1] the QA team to see how I can improve the set of
materials I'll be bringing along for this event.

Finally, I've set up a wiki page for this "project" so if other areas
are doing Jams as well, they can all be listed on this page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/QuantalGlobalJam

The Ubuntu Global Jam wiki[2] is pretty good for looking for ideas for
a Jam, and we've also held ones in the past which were fairly
unstructured and people could just come and hack on whatever they
wanted (last cycle we even had a random coffee-shop meetup during jam
weekend where a couple of us worked on packages and bug fixes).
Questions about running such an event are always welcome.

[0] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-ca/2012-August/002016.html
[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-qa/2012-August/002344.html
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam

--