[Ubuntu-US-CA] Registration for the Ubuntu Developer Summit

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 12 04:53:24 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

At our meeting on Sunday night it was brought to our attention that
we'd never actually said anything on list when Ubuntu Developer Summit
registration opened - oops!

Registration is indeed open now: http://uds.ubuntu.com/register/

As you go through registration you will notice that many of the fields
may seem somewhat silly for folks who aren't traveling. If you're
attending all 5 days but aren't actually traveling to get there, for
arrival and departure times you can put 09:00 PDT on Monday,
2012-05-07 as start and 18:00 PDT on Friday, 2012-05-11 as end (these
are the official times of the summit).

Registration is open to anyone interested in learning about and
contributing to the Ubuntu process. It is free, includes lunch at the
summit each day, but you must register to attend.

The current schedule is pretty empty right now (it tends to fill up
just a week or so before the summit), but you can get an idea of what
to expect by check out the list of sessions at the last UDS by going
here and browsing through the schedule for each day:
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-p/

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions about the event that
aren't answered on http://uds.ubuntu.com or
http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-q/ as I've attended a few of them in the
past few years and can probably help you out.

Ideas from the team continue to come together for some evening events
during the summit here, so feel free to add to or comment on any of
the proposals:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/UDS-Q

I had a chat with Michael Paoli at the Bay Area Debian dinner this
evening and while I'll be hosting tourism around San Francisco
Wednesday night he's planning on hosting a Debian dinner near the UDS
venue in Oakland, details are being worked out within the next couple
weeks.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com