[Ubuntu-US-CA] In search of 56k serial modem

Mr. Andrzejak mrandrzejak at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 03:44:16 UTC 2011

Thanks Michael. This would be incredibly helpful.

My address is:

Dave Andrews
206 S. Wabash Ave.
Glendora, CA 91741

I cant thank you enough. I just dont have the funds to buy a new one for
$50, otherwise I would just do it. He is an Ubuntu user for 5 years now (and
seems to be an advocate in his own right) and has had several linux people
drop in to help him and every one is unable to solve his modem problem and
eventually they just disappear. I would love to get him up and running so he
can rave about the Ubuntu community :)

Thanks! Dave

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Michael Paric
<mparic at compbizsolutions.com>wrote:

> I have a Best Data 56K external serial modem, model #56SPX-2, fully
> functional (used it as a fax modem on CentOS 5) with cables and power
> adapter. Email me an address to mail it to and it's his.
>
> Michael Paric
> Computer Business Solutions
> 707-317-6710
> 888-859-9799 x501
> mparic at compbizsolutions.com
> www.compbizsolutions.com
>

> On Sep 27, 2011, at 10:32 AM, Mr. Andrzejak wrote:
>
> > Hello all. I am helping a senior citizen who has recently visited the
> Ubuntu Hour down in Pasadena. His old modem has finally bit the dust and Im
> in search of another one for him as he no longer has access to the internet.
> He is on a very strict budget and I am having problems locating a 56k modem
> that will work on Ubuntu. I kindly ask the Ubuntu mailing list for any help
> on this.
> >
> > Thanks so much! Dave / iheartubuntu
> > --

Sent via Ubuntu OS (ubuntu.com)