[Ubuntu-US-CA] 2011 Elections

David Wonderly david.wonderly at kubuntu.org
Wed Sep 28 01:58:27 UTC 2011

Greetings and Salutations!

It is that time of year again, this is where we all gather to elect new
leaders for the Ubuntu California LoCo Team! [1]

The roles and responsibilities of the Leaders can be found on our wiki page.
[2]

The way the election process will work is as follows. Nominations will be open
from the receipt of the email till 1900 Pacific Time on 16 October, 2011.

You can either self nominate (Recommended) or you can nominate someone else.
PLEASE NOTE: If you nominate someone else PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ensure that
this person wishes to be nominated.

The nominations are simple. Please add the relevant information onto the wiki
page [3] and they will be nominated. Once the nominations are in, if there are
any questions on someones wish to be nominated they will be addressed. Once
those questions are addressed, assuming that there are more then three
nominees, a poll will be created for the elections.

The poll will be active for one week. At the end of the week the new
leadership team will be announced.

If you have any questions or concerns about this process please, feel free to
ask me about them.

For the Ubuntu California Leadership Team,

David "DarkwingDuck" Wonderly

[1] http://www.ubuntu-california.org
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Leadership
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Leadership/2011