[Ubuntu-US-CA] In search of 56k serial modem

Mark Garrow markgarrow at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:43:28 UTC 2011

Hi Dave,

I use a USRobotics USB modem with Ubuntu. Here's a link for the one I use.
It also doubles as a fax modem.
http://www.frys.com/product/5640591?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Mr. Andrzejak <mrandrzejak at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello all. I am helping a senior citizen who has recently visited the
> Ubuntu Hour down in Pasadena. His old modem has finally bit the dust and Im
> in search of another one for him as he no longer has access to the internet.
> He is on a very strict budget and I am having problems locating a 56k modem
> that will work on Ubuntu. I kindly ask the Ubuntu mailing list for any help
> on this.
>
> Thanks so much! Dave / iheartubuntu

Best regards,

Mark Garrow (Scunizi)
Atlantic & Pacific Real Estate (CA), Inc
<sdhomes at cox.net>markgarrow at gmail.com
760-300-3639 Direct
www.MarkGarrowRealtor.com
DRE 01276379