[Ubuntu-US-CA] Roseville Ubuntu Hour

seidos kdemarest at gmail.com
Tue May 24 23:54:05 UTC 2011

i like the idea of an ubuntu lunch hour, or even a more casual flexible meet
up time, like alternating between evening and lunch, perhaps?

maybe synchronizing on twitter is a viable option.

Ubuntu hour -> coffee shop -> Rhetorical question:  anyone else hear that
coffee may reduce the risk of prostate cancer in men?

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Mr. Andrzejak <mrandrzejak at gmail.com>wrote:

> Nathan, Have you ever done an Ubuntu Hour at noon or other crowded time?
> Has anyone else? Id say experiment and see where it goes. I think Mike is on
> the money saying its hard to get people together after hours... especially
> those with significant others, or with kids, or have a long drive home. With
> other computer related companies in the area up there, a lunch meeting might
> just work, whereas where I am... it might be an utter fail. Maybe weekly
> crowded lunch meetings could be more effective than a monthly meeting at a
> location where no one is around. I really have no idea. My experience is
> just with the Ubuntu Hour in Pasadena. I think its brilliant though to try
> different Ubuntu Hours and not hold it to a strict set pattern.
>
> Leading into this... do we have an Ubuntu Hour mailing list or forum or IRC
> where ideas can be bounced off of? Maybe we can talk about patterns that
> work and find out what doesnt work too.
>
> Dave
>

> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Nathan Haines <nhaines at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 15:33 -0700, Mr. Andrzejak wrote:
>> > In my thought, theres no point meeting up if the place is going to be
>> > empty. You could just have a conversation online. Ive always been
>> > under the impression that an Ubuntu Hour is to sorta be noticed to
>> > anyone who might show interest leading in to a conversation.
>>
>> There's no point in meeting up if the place is packed and you don't have
>> time to effectively introduce yourself and Ubuntu either.
>>
>> I'm not saying it can't or shouldn't be done.  I'm just saying it's
>> probably not a great idea and bringing up some major restrictions that a
>> lunch hour meeting time can bring.
>>
>> --
>> Nathan Haines <nhaines at ubuntu.com>
>> Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/