[Ubuntu-US-CA] Roseville Ubuntu Hour

Mr. Andrzejak mrandrzejak at gmail.com
Tue May 24 23:13:50 UTC 2011

Nathan, Have you ever done an Ubuntu Hour at noon or other crowded time? Has
anyone else? Id say experiment and see where it goes. I think Mike is on the
money saying its hard to get people together after hours... especially those
with significant others, or with kids, or have a long drive home. With other
computer related companies in the area up there, a lunch meeting might just
work, whereas where I am... it might be an utter fail. Maybe weekly crowded
lunch meetings could be more effective than a monthly meeting at a location
where no one is around. I really have no idea. My experience is just with
the Ubuntu Hour in Pasadena. I think its brilliant though to try different
Ubuntu Hours and not hold it to a strict set pattern.

Leading into this... do we have an Ubuntu Hour mailing list or forum or IRC
where ideas can be bounced off of? Maybe we can talk about patterns that
work and find out what doesnt work too.

Dave

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Nathan Haines <nhaines at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 15:33 -0700, Mr. Andrzejak wrote:
> > In my thought, theres no point meeting up if the place is going to be
> > empty. You could just have a conversation online. Ive always been
> > under the impression that an Ubuntu Hour is to sorta be noticed to
> > anyone who might show interest leading in to a conversation.
>
> There's no point in meeting up if the place is packed and you don't have
> time to effectively introduce yourself and Ubuntu either.
>
> I'm not saying it can't or shouldn't be done.  I'm just saying it's
> probably not a great idea and bringing up some major restrictions that a
> lunch hour meeting time can bring.
>
> --
> Nathan Haines <nhaines at ubuntu.com>
> Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/