[Ubuntu-US-CA] Tablets!

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Fri Mar 25 21:41:27 UTC 2011

Grant Bowman writes:
> I don't think that system has the capabilities or value to end users
> that I tried to describe. What I am hoping is that end users would be
> enabled to help each other, providing validation of what works and
> what doesn't for their particular combination of hardware, kernel
> modules and software. Reporting bugs or harnessing testing was not my

Grant's idea would be very useful to a lot of people. When you're
considering buying a laptop, or just bought one and hit a snag
trying to install Ubuntu on it, you could check the wiki and find
tips and reports from other people with the same model. Sort of
like http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ but a wiki, so it's a little
easier to submit new entries. linux-laptop.net used to be invaluable
but I'm not sure how much it's being kept up to date these days.

	...Akkana