[Ubuntu-US-CA] Tablets!

Ara Pulido ara at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 25 13:04:02 UTC 2011

Hello Grant,

On 03/25/2011 02:20 AM, Grant Bowman wrote:
> Greetings community,
>
> I was helping a friend install Natty on a ExoPC tablet
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ExoPC two weeks ago but found the lack of
> specific information a little frustrating. Has anyone considered
> creating https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Tablet or a similar page
> analogous to the existing https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Testing/Laptop
> process for users to share their experiences, frustrations and
> solutions?
>
> Wiki pages or some similar system that accepts submitted contributions
> might be a great way to harness the efforts people are making on their
> own as they start to use some of the new tablets coming to market now.
> I also find key compatibility information tied to specific hardware
> models invaluable when trying to make purchase recommendations or
> decisions. With an organized effort I bet our community could be seen
> to significantly contribute to the quickly expanding tablet community.
> As hardware changes so quickly one of the only reasonable way to
> provide this is with some kind of crowd sourced system. One hurdle
> will be to verify submitted information but if there is a critical
> mass of contributors and some kind of rating system this shouldn't be
> too difficult in theory.

I think this is a great idea, thanks for bringing it.

Actually, the laptop testing team has improved the way they report
results with their own tracker:

    http://laptop.qa.ubuntu.com/

Do you think this would be something useful for your project?

Paolo and Sergio, from the Italian team, are doing most of the efforts
related to it, so they would be able to help you.

Cheers!
Ara.