[Ubuntu-US-CA] Grub 2 Issues

Grant Bowman grantbow at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 25 07:54:27 UTC 2011

Hello Alan,

This is a little bit off topic for the subject line so I've changed
the subject line. Your email does not have enough specifics to help
understand what problem you seem to be facing.

Questions: What version of Ubuntu did you install?
What was on the machine before?
By "super grub" do you intend http://www.supergrubdisk.org/ ?
If so, which version of the "super grub" are you using as described on
their web page?

I had trouble with an ABI change when moving from the grub2 for Ubuntu
10.04 to 10.10 but I haven't heard of anything that matches your
description. Maybe some else has.  The best resources for
understanding grub2 that I know of is here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2

I hope this helps,

Grant Bowman