[Ubuntu-US-CA] Ubucon SCaLE9X: Speakers needed

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 11 18:55:13 UTC 2011

Due to the resounding success last year, SCaLE has asked me to host
another Ubucon event this year.  While this was on short notice, there
will be an Ubucon at SCaLE9X on Friday, February 25th, 2011.  There is a
need for speakers on beginner topics.

An Ubucon[1] is an organized event for Ubuntu users that's halfway
between an unconference and a convention.  The main focus is for Ubuntu
users to get together and meet others, share ideas, and improve their
skills.

You won't want to miss the ninth Southern California Linux Expo
(SCaLE9x)[2] over the same weekend.  You can register online or at the
door, but if you register in advance, use promo code UBULF for a 50%
discount on a full-access three-day pass!

For this Ubucon, I'd like to line up speakers for several sessions.  I'm
looking for presentations on various topics that would be of interest to
casual and beginning users.  Details can be found in the following blog
entry, which is also featured on Planet Ubuntu:

http://nhaines.livejournal.com/58899.html

The deadline for submissions is Saturday, February 19th, 2011.  If you
have any questions, please let me know.  We'll notify selected speakers
a week later, by Sunday, February 20th, 2011.

In addition, we'll have a round of lightning talks at the end of the
day, so if you want to talk but can't do it for 50 minutes, or just want
to get a taste of sharing with others, you'll have an opportunity to
tell us all about something awesome.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BuildingCommunity/RunningAnUbucon
[2] http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale9x/

--