[Ubuntu-US-CA] Crashspace event in Long Beach

seidos kdemarest at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 00:34:18 UTC 2011

Wanted to let any of you in the LA area about an event in Long Beach on
Weds. night through the Crashspace LA Hackerspace.  Hit me up if you want to
carpool or something, I am planning on attending:

We have the Long Beach Boys And Girls Club booked from 6-9-ish on Wednesday
4/27.  It'll be something kind of like the pop-up community center this
weekend, where we will want to have activities with the kids from about
6-7:30 pm, and then we will have the run of the place from about
7:30-9:15(ish) for workshops for the older kids, BGC workers, and anyone
else who wants to come.

YOU might be interested to come down to Long Beach on a Wednesday evening to
help out.  Maybe bring some maker-like activity for the kids to try their
hand at.  I'm planning on having bristlebot parts, maybe some CRASHspace
throwies?  Laser-able construction kits?  We should probably avoid
soldering.

YOU might have a portable interactive art installation thingie that would
keep young and old alike entertained for hours.  Maybe something you did at
the Processing class last night?

YOU might have an idea for a small workshop and want a low-stress
environment to try it out in.  Doesn't have to be Pd related.  But it should
be kid friendly.  Probably should avoid requiring having a laptop or
anything expensive.  Maybe something we do at the pop-up community center
tomorrow?

I appreciate that Long Beach at 6 pm on a Wednesday afternoon is not the
most convenient thing in the world for most of us.  But if you're
interested, let me know.

--
with metta,

kevin