[Ubuntu-US-CA] Ubuntu Hour Lake Forest, September 23rd

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 21 17:25:42 UTC 2010

As school starts and summer ends, many of our lives get busier.  Amidst
this bustle, there's no better reason to take a break Thursday night and
join other Ubuntu fans for Ubuntu Hour!

The next two Ubuntu Hours are:

Thursday, September 23rd, 2010, 6pm - 7pm - RSVP [1]
Thursday, October 7th, 2010, 6pm - 7pm - RSVP [2]

The general idea for Ubuntu Hour is that we meet up for an hour
someplace public wearing with some Ubuntu stuff visible (some clothing
or a sticker or something) and just chat for an hour. We want to be
welcoming of those who notice us and are curious about Ubuntu. The next
date is:

Not only is it fun to meet local Ubuntu fans, but we can also be a
valuable introduction to Ubuntu for others. Wear that cool Ubuntu or
Linux shirt or your laptop with the Ubuntu stickers.  We'll also follow
the Ubuntu Code of Conduct [3] while we're there. Easily summarized as
"be excellent to each other," we'll simply be examples of the wonderful
Ubuntu community.

Panera Bread [4] is a casual restaurant that has fresh bread, soups,
and
sandwiches and free wi-fi access. I'll have my laptop and an Ubuntu
shirt, so please feel free to come up and say hi. It's also a good
chance to bring along friends who are curious about Ubuntu.

Panera Bread - 23592 Rockfield Blvd., Lake Forest, CA
http://www.yelp.com/biz/panera-bread-lake-forest

Sometimes Google Maps doesn't like the address itself, so you can use
this link to see the correct location on Google Maps -
http://ur1.ca/0cec5

[1] http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/358/detail/
[2] http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/359/detail/
[3] http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct