[Ubuntu-US-CA] howdy all

Aaditya Bhatia aaditya at dragonsblaze.com
Thu Oct 28 22:33:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Aaditya Bhatia
<aaditya at dragonsblaze.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Aaditya Bhatia
> <aaditya at dragonsblaze.com> wrote:
>> Ubuntu-US-CA Membership implies that the person has joined the
>> ubuntu-us-ca launchpad group, and we all get to add a wiki page link
>> on our launchpad profiles. There is an extensive launchpad API that
>> could possibly used generate this page automatically. Would be a
>> better alternative to wiki page.
>
> https://api.launchpad.net/1.0/~ubuntu-california/members
>
> This is an array of team member objects, and each object has
> "wiki_names_collection_link" and "homepage_content". I'm nearly done
> writing the script to extract all the homepages and wiki pages.

from launchpadlib.launchpad import Launchpad
launchpad = Launchpad.login_anonymously('test', 'production', "/tmp/lpcache")
for member in launchpad.people["ubuntu-california"].members_collection:
     for wikiname in member.wiki_names:
          print wikiname.url

This got me 27 links. Can obviously be extended.

I'll attempt to put together a script to do this and display a little
more info, and update a page somewhere on the web periodically. Later
we can figure the embedding-on-wiki part.

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 2:14 PM, kdemarest <kdemarest at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey aaditya:
> I'm not sure if this is right or not, but I noticed that the page doesn't
> have me on it O_o.  My launchpad page says I'm a California member though:
>  https://launchpad.net/~seidos
> So, if that's the page where the data is coming from, it doesn't look like
> I'll be included.  I'll have to look at it more later, I have a ton of
> errands to run out in la la land.
> seidos

Confirmed. This is probably because I was logged in as anonymous, and
possibly your profile privacy settings are high. One can login as a
team member and try again.

https://help.launchpad.net/API/launchpadlib

Aaditya
www.dragonsblaze.com