[Ubuntu-US-CA] Ubuntu at the East Bay Maker Faire

Jack Deslippe jdeslip at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 23:06:38 UTC 2010

Hi All,

The BerkeleyLUG was invited to have a table at the 2010 East Bay Maker Faire
(ebmakerfaire.com):
*
*
*When:* Sunday, October 24, 2010, 10 am to 5pm
*Where:* Park Day School, 360 42nd Street, Oakland, CA
*Who:* Makers, crafters, cooks, musicians, parents, and kids!

Similar to our joint BerkeleyLUG/Ubuntu-US-CA booth at the Solano Stroll, we
are going to be mostly demoing Ubuntu on various hardware and distributing
Ubuntu discs, brochures and pamphlets.  Additionally, we are located next to
the Fixit Clinic - and the organizer is encouraging people to bring in old
laptops etc... to try Ubuntu on.

It would be awesome if some of the fine folks from the Ubuntu LoCo could
join us in this event.  It would be great to have the Ubuntu banner and
some knowledgeable Ubuntu volunteers - particularly if they come with their
own penguin suits.

I added it to the LoCo event list here:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/486/detail/ - and added it to our
projects page here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects