[Ubuntu-US-CA] Ubuntu Hour Lake Forest, October 7th

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 7 06:21:58 UTC 2010

We're in the final run up to a very exciting release date.  Ubuntu 10.10
is scheduled to be one of the most exciting releases ever.  The new
Ubuntu experience meets refinements and now with an elegant new font.
New software, more polished experiences on the desktop, and a powerful
new interface for netbooks called Unity.

Stop on by in Lake Forest for Ubuntu Hour.  See the new improvements,
find out what's in store for Sunday when the Ubuntu 10.10 is a perfect
10!

The next two Ubuntu Hours are:

Thursday, October 7th, 2010, 6pm - 7pm
Thursday, October 21st, 2010, 6pm - 7pm

The general idea for Ubuntu Hour is that we meet up for an hour
someplace public wearing with some Ubuntu stuff visible (some clothing
or a sticker or something) and just chat for an hour. We want to be
welcoming of those who notice us and are curious about Ubuntu. The next
date is:

Not only is it fun to meet local Ubuntu fans, but we can also be a
valuable introduction to Ubuntu for others. Wear that cool Ubuntu or
Linux shirt or your laptop with the Ubuntu stickers.  We'll also follow
the Ubuntu Code of Conduct[1] while we're there. Easily summarized as
"be excellent to each other," we'll simply be examples of the wonderful
Ubuntu community.

Panera Bread[2] is a casual restaurant that has fresh bread, soups, and
sandwiches and free wi-fi access. I'll have my laptop and an Ubuntu
shirt, so please feel free to come up and say hi. It's also a good
chance to bring along friends who are curious about Ubuntu.

Panera Bread - 23592 Rockfield Blvd., Lake Forest, CA
http://www.yelp.com/biz/panera-bread-lake-forest

Sometimes Google Maps doesn't like the address itself, so you can use
this link to see the correct location on Google Maps -
http://ur1.ca/0cec5

[1] http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct
[2] http://www.panerabread.com/

--