[Ubuntu-US-CA] Release Party in Hollywood, CA

Oren Golan orengolan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 07:21:01 UTC 2010

I created an event:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/441/detail/

now it's time to mention it anywhere I can think of:

   - our company's blog/twitter/facebook
   - technical meetups (meetup.com) in LA
   - campus websites?
   - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/MaverickRelease
   - http://planet.ubuntu.com/
   - http://linux.ucla.edu/lugwiki/start
   - http://fossevents.org/
   - http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Crash_Space
   - http://www.machineproject.com/
   - http://032.la/
   - http://twitter.com/sugarshack

spam #ubuntu, #ubuntu-release-party, #ubuntu-locoteams
fliers on my way to work (1 hour commute on train+bike will provide plenty
of time to pitch it)

Please help me spread the rumor by telling your friends, writing a blog
post/identica/twitter or anything else that you can think of!
btw, how to post it on PlanetUbuntu?

Thanks!

Here is the event's details (English is my second language so please correct
anything you want) -
Hollywood 10.10.10 Release Party
Let's celebrate Ubuntu's new release and meet new friends!

Who can come?
-------------
Anyone how is interested in free and open source software.

What are we gonna do?
-------------
- eat
- play ping-pong
- play x-box on a giant screen
- help people replace their Windows/Mac - with Ubuntu or other open source
alternatives
- Free Ubuntu CD give-aways

When?
-------------
Mon, 11 Oct. 2010 6:30 - 10:00pm

Where?
-------------
Borderstylo Offices
729 Seward St Melrose Ave Los Angeles, CA 90038
(Free parking)

a few pics of the office:
http://borderstylo.com/posts/205-company-culture-at-border-stylo
http://borderstylo.com/posts/138-take-a-peek-inside-border-stylo

What we might talk about?
-------------
- Introduction to Ubuntu Desktop
- How to install Ubuntu on a typical laptop, PC or netbook
- Guided tour of the Desktop and basic admin
- contributing to open source projects (as developers and as
non-developers)
- crash courses in Python/Ruby/Unicycling (or any other topic people can
talk about)

Tech?
Free wifi

Should I bring anything?