[Ubuntu-US-CA] Team Leadership Election Announcement!

Jack Deslippe jdeslip at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 15:14:47 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Some time ago (January 2009 apparently), I crafted the following proposal
for the Cali-team structure -
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AVvuU9dbI-YnZGhtOWh6cHZfMjYzcXpxdDhoZA&hl=en
-
It was met with some interest at the time but never enacted.  While, I am in
no way really attached to any particular detail of that proposal, I will
mention that it contains a three-person leadership council - where
specifically each of the three leaders represented a different region of
California.  Additionally, each was elected once a year.

Sorry I missed the IRC meeting yesterday, but I'd like to mention now that I
think it is important that before this election takes place, we also have in
place a plan to carry out future elections on a regular basis - so, we have
a continuous feedback cycle.  I.e. - I think we should have a very brief but
well-defined leadership structure for the group laid out somewhere.
 (Forgive me if this is already up on the Wiki somewhere).

Anyway, given the above, I obviously vote for the 3-person council - and
hope the short list of bylaws etc are coded up somewhere.

Cheers,

Jack