[Ubuntu-US-CA] Fw: Re: [Question #102637]: E: mysql-server-5.0: subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1 E: mysql-server: dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

Michael Lowery micklskot at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 31 19:46:48 UTC 2010

Hi California Team,

I live in Marysville, and I use Ubuntu 8.04.

Hey, if you guys don't mind helping me figure this out, I'd certainly appreciate it.  I posted this request on launchpad, but I never received any response.

Basically, I get these mysql errors whenever I execute the updates.  I have the detailed info in the email below.

Thanks for your time, and willingness to point me in some direction where I can fix it.

Mike

              E: mysql-server-5.0: subprocess
post-installation script returned error exit status 1 E: mysql-server:

    Ubuntu

    Questions

    Question #102637

      I'm
running 8.04 LTS. I've noticed lately than when I run Synaptic Package
Manager for upgrades, that I receive the following dependency errors
related to mysql. This one happened when trying to run the sudo upgrade.
I did change my system root password a while back. I'm not sure if
this could be what is causing the issue. Below is what I captured when
the upgrade failed.
Thanks for your assistance.

Michael Lowery
(Reading database ... 237009 files and directories currently installed.)

Preparing to replace sudo 1.6.9p10-1ubuntu3.5 (using .../sudo_ 1.6.9p10- 1ubuntu3. 6_i386. deb) ...

Unpacking replacement sudo ...

Setting up mysql-server-5.0 (5.0.51a- 3ubuntu5. 5) ...

 * Stopping MySQL database server mysqld

   ...done.

Reloading AppArmor profiles : done.

 * Starting MySQL database server mysqld

   ...fail!

invoke-rc.d: initscript mysql, action "start" failed.

dpkg: error processing mysql-server-5.0 (--configure):

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mysql-server:

 mysql-server depends on mysql-server-5.0; however:

  Package mysql-server-5.0 is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing mysql-server (--configure):

Setting up sudo (1.6.9p10- 1ubuntu3. 6) ...

 mysql-server-5.0

 mysql-server

A package failed to install.  Trying to recover: