[Ubuntu-US-CA] Ubuntu Developer Week starts tomorrow!

Grant Bowman grantbow at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 25 04:48:54 UTC 2010

This month the global Ubuntu community has an online outreach event
for developers.

Ubuntu Developer Week - Jan 25-29, 2010

This week long (Monday - Friday) IRC event targets developers. Event
details: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek

     "Ubuntu Developer Week is a series of online workshops where you can:
        * learn about different packaging techniques
        * find out more about different development teams
        * check out the efforts of the world-wide Development Community
        * participate in open Q&A sessions with Ubuntu developers"

IRC in #ubuntu-classroom and #ubuntu-classroom-chat using any IRC client.
Curious to learn more about IRC?  see
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InternetRelayChat and
http://www.freenode.net

As announced in the Jan 10th Ubuntu Weekly News if you are running
Karmic 9.10 you can try Lernid, a quickly application designed for
online IRC events such as these.

=== Jono Bacon: Lernid 0.4 Released ===

I have just released Lernid 0.4 to the Lernid Releases PPA. This release
incorporates the final features that I planned out for the first major
release, and it is now onto bug fixing in preparation for our first
full-scale event that can use Lernid – Ubuntu Developer Week.

 * Lernid Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lernid
 * Lernid PPA:
https://edge.launchpad.net/~lernid-devs/+archive/lernid-releases
 * Ubuntu Developer Week: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDeveloperWeek

To install and use Lernid to connect. Install it by following these
instructions (on Karmic):

 * sudo add-apt-repository ppa:lernid-devs/lernid-releases
 * sudo apt-get update
 * sudo apt-get install lernid

http://www.jonobacon.org/2010/01/05/lernid-0-4-released-and-demo/

-----