[Ubuntu-US-CA] Agenda item

Mark Terranova mark at gidgetkitchen.org
Sun Jan 24 11:17:14 UTC 2010

So I looked in the mirror & realized I was getting older. Despite how I feel
in my heart, I must realize that I am no longer a *young radical*.  I love
Tux the Penguin, Open Source,  Linux, Ubuntu, & this group also. My
*uppityness* is because I am so passionate these things (especially Tux.)

I would like to* *apologize** to The California Team as a whole. I am sorry.
I am approaching things anew. I'm working on it. So let me see if I can try
out the elder statesman thing. More copacetic :)

Anyway, I posted this item to the agenda.

Formalized voting procedure documented by lead on wiki. From the *CoC*, *"Be
collaborative. Collaboration is central to Ubuntu...When we disagree, we
consult others. Disagreements, both social and technical, happen all the
time and the Ubuntu community is no exception. It is important that we
resolve disagreements and differing views constructively and with the help
of the community and community processes."* Neal has been doing a great job
recently with the California Loco documentation. Details on voting would
help clarify an important community process.

I figure this is pretty straight forward. I don't think there is much to
debate about here. It's not a demand or something that needs to be
yesterday.  I'm not telling anyone what the details of voting should be.
It's up to the leader to decide that.

This is just a request for some clarification on how IRC & ML (possibly
forum?) participation can  help us volunteers be collaborative, even when
disagreement arises.

To *collaboration,

*Mark Terranova

 "We chose the name Ubuntu for our distribution because we think it captures
perfectly the spirit of the sharing and cooperation that is at the heart of
the open source movement."     *I**t's a movement.*