[Ubuntu-US-CA] Ubucon SCaLE8X: speakers needed

Nathan Haines nhaines at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 8 14:25:21 UTC 2010

There's been a lot of interest in an Ubucon event on the West Coast, and
due to this high demand, there will be an Ubucon at SCaLE8X on Friday,
February 19th, 2010.  There is a need for speakers on beginner topics.

An Ubucon[1] is an organized event for Ubuntu users that's halfway
between an unconference and a convention.  The main focus is for Ubuntu
users to get together and meet others, share ideas, and improve their
skills.

For this Ubucon, I'd like to line up speakers for several sessions.  I'm
looking for presentations on various topics that would be of interest to
casual and beginning users.  Details can be found in the following blog
entry, which is also featured on Planet Ubuntu:

http://nhaines.livejournal.com/52619.html

The deadline for submissions is Friday, January 15th, 2010.  If you have
any questions, please let me know.  We'll notify selected speakers a
week later, by Friday, January 22nd, 2010.

In addition, we'll have a round of lightning talks at the end of the
day, so if you want to talk but can't do it for 50 minutes, or just want
to get a taste of sharing with others, you'll have an opportunity to
tell us all about something awesome.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BuildingCommunity/RunningAnUbucon

--
Nathan Haines <nhaines at ubuntu.com>