[Ubuntu-US-CA] San Diego Ubuntu Hour! All Interested San Diegans Ping Me Back!

David Kaiser dkaiser at cdk.com
Sun Aug 15 05:16:47 UTC 2010

Hi Nathan, I actually do agree with that premise too - advocacy of
Ubuntu Linux in a larger forum, so to speak.  There could be many forums
(Barcamp included) which could be considered candidates for that, and
some good potential places for personal networking with techie types.

I know my last e-mail was getting long and I wasn't trying to start
debate - but I do think your comments are correct and I definitely
should have stated that premise in my original response.

I should have also added one other negative point to my last e-mail- a
member of our LUG registered for the last Barcamp in San Diego, drove
down there, only to be refused admittance because one of the organizers
has a personal grievance with him.  It just reinforced, to me at least,
about what is wrong about Barcamp and it's lacking of structure and
organization.

I still recommend to Kevin to startup a real Ubuntu Hour...  :)

Thanks,
David

By the way Nathan, I may be able to make it to the August 26th Ubuntu
Hour in Lake Forest - just curious - do you ever go over the (1) "hour"
?  I'm going to be headed somewhere near there around 8pm so I might
stay longer (2 hrs) as Panera Bread is open.