[Ubuntu-US-CA] San Diego Ubuntu Hour! All Interested San Diegans Ping Me Back!

Bruce Mohler brucemohler at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 02:44:50 UTC 2010

Kevin,

I'm interested.  My only constraints are that I live in north Escondido and
am very busy.  But I'd love to see something for Ubuntu start up.

You might consider contacting the local San Diego Barcamp site (
http://www.barcampsd.org/) as well and seeing if there are interested people
there.  Barcamp has weekends twice a year and several of them tend to be
Linux oriented...

Bruce

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Kevin DuBois <kdub432 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
> I'm looking into get a San Diego "Ubuntu Hour" going around the greater San
> Diego area! I'm thinking that we do this 'coffee house coder' style. We had
> similar events back in Michigan that seemed to always work out well.
>
> If you are in San Diego, and would be willing to meet once a month for an
> Ubuntu Hour, PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK! :) We need to get about half a 3-6 'core'
> people that would come every month.
>
> Why?
> 1. Getting a new open source pet project going
> 2. Getting involved in an existing OSS project
> 3. Getting started doing technical/translation/bug/community/documentation
> work for Ubuntu
> 4. Technical networking in meatspace!
> 5. Answering technical questions for people who are having trouble
> installing/configuring Ubuntu
>
> Where?
> I'm new to the area, so I'm scouting out decent coffee shops where the
> management would be open to this type of deal. I'm thinking a good place to
> meet would be the downtown area.
>
> When?
> I'm thinking once a month would probably be a good frequency at which to
> meet. Probably a Mon/Tues/Wed night after the workday would be a decent day
> to meet. (Doesn't interfere with social schedules as much)
>
> How?
> I have a few ideas to drum up interest, including fliers around downtown
> and the college campuses
>
> This plan is still in its infancy, suggestions/advice is always welcome.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin DuBois
> kdub432 at gmail.com

Bruce Mohler - <><
Software guy...
Of course my password is the same as my pet's name.
My dog's name is ull7&cks, but I change it every 90 days.