[Ubuntu-US-CA] San Diego Ubuntu Hour! All Interested San Diegans Ping Me Back!

Kevin DuBois kdub432 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 01:34:42 UTC 2010

Hey all,
I'm looking into get a San Diego "Ubuntu Hour" going around the greater San
Diego area! I'm thinking that we do this 'coffee house coder' style. We had
similar events back in Michigan that seemed to always work out well.

If you are in San Diego, and would be willing to meet once a month for an
Ubuntu Hour, PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK! :) We need to get about half a 3-6 'core'
people that would come every month.

1. Getting a new open source pet project going
2. Getting involved in an existing OSS project
3. Getting started doing technical/translation/bug/community/documentation
work for Ubuntu
4. Technical networking in meatspace!
5. Answering technical questions for people who are having trouble
installing/configuring Ubuntu

I'm new to the area, so I'm scouting out decent coffee shops where the
management would be open to this type of deal. I'm thinking a good place to
meet would be the downtown area.

I'm thinking once a month would probably be a good frequency at which to
meet. Probably a Mon/Tues/Wed night after the workday would be a decent day
to meet. (Doesn't interfere with social schedules as much)

I have a few ideas to drum up interest, including fliers around downtown and
the college campuses

This plan is still in its infancy, suggestions/advice is always welcome.

Kevin DuBois
kdub432 at gmail.com